Let’s give all children a healthy tomorrow
Join us as we strive to inspire more youth to be healthier and more active.
Why We’re Striving To Change The Future
Only 39% of Canadian kids are meeting the physical activity requirements to grow and develop properly. More than 42,000 kids are considered overweight or obese in Nova Scotia. Kids spend 65% of their waking time not moving.
How We’re Building A Healthier Tomorrow
- Free, non-competitive run club offered to schools and groups across Nova Scotia
- Evidence and research-based best practices for programming and approach
- Inclusive and sustainable programming that is enjoyed by all Kids Run Club members
- Population-level health promotion intervention
- Encouraging and educating on healthy behaviours relating to nutrition and the movement continuum
Thanks to you, our supporters, we impact the lives of more than 17,000 children in over 220 schools every year.
Through your donations we impact the lives of more than 17,000 children in 220 schools every year.
TODAY: 17,000+ kids 215 Schools
Learn More About Kids Run Club:
Kids Run Club Was Created By Doctors
Doctors Nova Scotia was the first medical association in Canada to offer a free running program to address inactivity in children and youth. Physicians throughout Nova Scotia recognized the rise in health concerns due to inactivity and created a population-level health promotion program to teach children and youth the importance of activity and healthy living. Physicians across Nova Scotia continue to support Kids Run Club through a variety of different avenues ranging from donations and volunteering to offering their time at local clubs. Thanks to the province’s doctors, Kids Run Club has grown from 3,500 kids in 2004 to more than 17,000 across the province today. Learn more